Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby Proofing Products Review

I'm a Mom with little ones at home. I tried lots of baby proofing products. Some works great. Some just waste my money. Usually expensive ones work. But that's not always true.
I'd like to share my experience to help you find the good products with low prices.


  •  Power Strip Cover
I tried two brands Safety 1st and Mommy's helper. Both work well. But Mommy's helper wins as it's cheaper ($5.54). (Now, Safety 1st also reduces the price to $6.79, but still more expensive.)

Work

Work and Recommend

Safety 1st Power Strip Cover

Mommy's Helper Power Strip Safety Cover



  • Outlet Cover
I tried several brands and two of them work for us: one is Outlet cover and Cord Shortener, the other is Plug N outlets cover. Both works fine. The first one can hide some cord inside the cover. But, for me, I don't think I need to pay $5 more for that feature. Thus, Plug N outlet Covers Win.

Work

Work and Recommend

Outlet Cover & Cord Shortener

Double-Touch Plug 'N Outlet Covers - 2 pack


  • Outlet Plugs
We tried several different brands. Those clear plugs with simple press do not work for my little at all, as he can easily get them off. I would recommend Safety 1st Delux Press-Fit Outlet plugs and Universal Outlet Cover. If you don't like using screw driver, the former will work better for you.


Work and Recommend

Work and Recommend

Home Safety Universal Outlet Cover in White (Set of 3)

Deluxe Press-Fit Outlet Plugs - 8 pack
  • Door Pinch Guard
We used two products to prevent the hazards of slamming doors. Two sides of the door can pinch the figure and we want to prevent both of them. We first bought Panda Door Pinch Guard. It works fine but can't prevent the hazard from the inner side of the door. Hence, we bought American Red Cross Door Finger Guard, which works. However, the problem is that we need to take it off whenever we close the door. We find Finger Guard Shield, it seems solving the this problem. But we haven't tried it yet.

work and recommend

work and recommend

not tested yet

Mommy's Helper Panda Door Pinch Guard

American Red Cross Door Finger Guard - 2 Pack

Finger Guard Shield for Doors

No comments:

Post a Comment